The IMCA Common Marine Inspection Document (CMID) provides a standard format for inspection of offshore vessels, including large ships right down to smaller workboats. The purpose of this process is to provide a structure for the audit, or inspection of commercial vessels used in the offshore industry, conducted by vessel inspectors working on behalf of owners or clients. Use of the IMCA CMID helps promote safety and efficiency and can help reduce the number of repeat inspections on individual marine vessels.
CMID inspections carried out by Maritime Expertise (ME) are planned and undertaken in liaison with the vessel owner and are undertaken by our CMID Accredited Vessel Inspector (AVI). Vessel charterers and clients may consider the inspection report before commissioning any further inspections. As a ‘living’ document, the CMID may be kept and updated onboard a vessel, thus reducing the time involved in an audit.
Our CMID’s include, where required:
- Terminology Definitions & Abbreviations
- Inspection Process, Summary & Debrief
- Distribution List for Reports
- Vessel Particulars
- Previous Inspection
- Certification & Index of Certificates
- ISM (International Safety Management)
- HSE (Health, Safety & Environment)
- Crew Management
- Crew Qualifications
- Life Saving Appliances
- Fire Fighting Appliances
- Pollution Prevention
- General Appearance
- Bridge, Navigation and Communications Equipment
- Machinery Space
- Mooring and Lifting Equipment
- Construction and Stability
The CMID is regularly reviewed and updated in the light of regulatory and technical developments.
CMID Inspections and Audits
CMID inspections and audits by Maritime Expertise (ME) are available:
- Emergency Response and Rescue Vessels (ERRVs)
- Anchor Handling Tug Supply (AHTS)
- Vessels Offshore Support Vessels (OSVs)
- Dynamic Positioning Vessels (DP Vessels)
Maritime Expertise (ME), has a dedicated team of experienced marine surveyors and inspectors and has a wealth of practical knowledge in a comprehensive scope of DP and Marine assurance support for ship and rig owners, offshore operators, shipyards and the renewable energy industry sectors.
CMID Accredited Vessel Inspector
IMCA CMID Inspections and audits are carried out by our CMID Accredited Vessel Inspector (AVI).